Greetings From MommyFrazzled

Follow Me on Pinterest

About Me

My photo
Mother, Daughter, Sister, Aunt, Friend, Business Woman, etc. means I am diverse, I am not defined by any one group, I am at all times everything I need to be.

Adsense Search

Thursday, November 14, 2013

Touching Story By Tyler Perry

To Keep things in perspective because sometimes we forget. - MommyFrazzled

From Tyler Perry:

Every year since I've been successful my mother would ask me this question, “What do you want for Christmas? You are so hard to shop for.” I really didn't want her to give me anything but she insisted.

I knew it was driving her crazy trying to figure out what to get for me, so about eight years ago I told her that all I wanted were flannel PJs. So every year for about four years she would go to Wal-Mart and buy me some flannel PJs. Every Christmas I would smile. I didn't have the heart to tell her that the tops were so short that the sleeves where almost to my elbow and the bottoms were well above my ankle. I would just thank her and smile. She was so happy. Needless to say, over the years I collected a nice group of PJs that were all too small. I have a drawer full of them.

I was getting ready for work this morning and I came across a pair of them. I smiled so hard. It made me remember her smile when she gave them to me. It made my heart warm. I thought about how much she loved Christmas. I thought about how much she loved me. I thought about... well, I just thought about her. 

This year, as we enter into the holiday season and some of you are worried about what to buy or if you can afford to buy anything, I want you to remember this story. My mother’s gift came from the heart and a gift that comes from the heart is more valuable than the most expensive thing in this world. She died four years ago and those PJs are still giving me joy. I think I'm going to sleep in them tonight :-). High waters and all...

I thought about sending you a picture of me in them but I'm afraid of what the blogs will write... LOL. I can see it now, "Tyler Perry has gone crazy, look at what he sleeps in.” 

I hope you have the best holiday season. Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years. God bless,

Tyler


A Madea Christmas opens in movie theaters December 13th. I'll see you at the movies.

Please share the posts to any social networks you are on. The more people visit the more content I will add. Live Chats are on the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment